Friday, October 21, 2011

Sloss Furnace

I participated in the 2nd Annual New Jersey Print Exchange this year. The theme was 11x11, which didn't really conjure up any ideas for me - other than math class - so I let my mind wander to other things. I spent a few hours walking around the historical Sloss Furnaces with my fiance in Birmingham, AL, and we both filled up our memory cards with great photos. It was a relaxing and inspiring visit, and I chose to base my print off of one of my photographs. Visit: http://www.slossfurnaces.com to learn more about the national historic landmark.
Because I was restricted to 11"x11" paper, I chose to use several small woodblocks to construct my image. I thought this made it a little more dynamic.
Here is the final print. I had a great time making it, and I can't wait to see the prints I receive back from the exchange. I should be getting 10 prints from other artist in the middle of November, and I will post images of the prints once I receive them.
Visit: http://www.printnj.org to learn about the Printmaking Center of New Jersey!

No comments: