Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween!


My fiance Matt and I carved pumpkins last night and roasted the seeds, instantly taking me back to childhood. I have so many fond memories of sitting on the back porch on a fall afternoon, with crisp maple leaves falling to the ground as I drew a face on my pumpkin. I love the pumpkin smell that explodes as you cut the top off, and the fantastic feel of slimy guts as you pull out the insides. I don't think I will ever get to old for pumpkin carving. I also look forward to roasting pumpkin seeds every year. I first recall tasting them many years ago in my Grandma's kitchen; a delicious salty snack. This year we roasted them with Cajun seasoning to add a little spice, and they were fantastic. So, I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween weekend, and if you get trick-or-treaters, enjoy passing out the candy!



1 comment:

Mikoyan said...

Nice pictures. I stumbled across your blog from your fiance's blog. Those are pretty cool looking pumpkins.